Sunday, April 12, 2009

Does anyone know the name of this lilac?

A lady down the street used to grow them. They were bigger then %26#039;normal%26#039; lilac%26#039;s and a much deeper more %26#039;royal%26#039; purple. Do they have a special name? The lady has passed so I can%26#039;t ask her. I kinda remember my mom telling me they were french lilac%26#039;s, but when I search french lilacs online they look like regular lilacs to me.

Does anyone know the name of this lilac?
Lilac%26#039;s botanical name is Syringa. There are many named cultivars which they graft on. Perhaps Syringa %26quot;Charles Joly%26#039;, Syringa x chinensis, or Syringa Souvenir de Louis Spath%26#039;. Good hunting.
Reply:I think your mum is right. French lilac ususally get bigger(longer) cluster of flowers. Perhpas, you can take a cut of flower and show it to the master gardener in your area or to a good nursery with knowledgable people. It might be hard to tell, since there are so many different kind of lilacs out in the market, but it worth a try.



skin color charts

No comments:

Post a Comment